LIS is currently looking for a Microdata Expert (m/f) one-year contract, renewable one year.
The position involves joining the LIS data team in producing harmonized datasets. This includes evaluating the original datasets structure and quality (possibly working with data providers), harmonizing original variables, documenting harmonization methods and dataset specificities, assisting and instructing users.
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in sociology, economics, statistics or another social science
- Extensive experience working with large micro datasets is a must; experience working with the LIS data is an asset
- Excellent command of STATA programming is required; knowledge of other statistical packages (e.g.: R) will be considered as an asset
- Proficiency in English is mandatory; other languages are an asset
- Strong quantitative skills, abilities to pay attention to detail and to work closely within a team in a cooperative way
Applicants should submit a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae via email or via postal mail to :
Maison des Sciences Humaines – 5ème étage
11, porte des Sciences
L – 4366 Esch-Belval
Review of applications will begin 01 September 2017. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.